Employer: Life Without Barriers (LWB)
Region: North Queensland
Closing Date: 21 June 2020
- Join one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Support vulnerable young people in out of home care
- Suit child protection, youth justice, not for profit, NDIA backgrounds
Life Without Barriers (LWB) is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation with over 7,000 employees working in hundreds of communities to support 23,000 people across Australia. LWB supports children, young people and families, people with disability, older people, and people with mental illness. The organisation has earned a reputation for providing the highest standards of care across all its programs, placing people and their families at the centre of support and decision making.
LWB has recently created specialist portfolios of leadership to enable teams to focus on the specific needs of the people they support in a concentrated way, leading to the creation of this new role focusing specifically on Child, Youth and Family service delivery.
Benefits & Culture
- Ethical, values driven organisation
- Generous remuneration including car allowance and NFP salary packaging
- Flexible working environment plus RDO entitlement of one day per month
- Relocation assistance available
You will lead Operations Managers across Northern Queensland to support Child, Youth and Family multidisciplinary teams and ensure foster care, residential care and post care services provide a culturally safe and supportive environment where young people can heal and grow.
Specifically you will:
- Encourage and model collaboration amongst teams to achieve high quality out of home care services
- Oversee the delivery, quality and compliance of services and program activities
- Support, coach, motivate and develop team members
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and funding and accreditation bodies
- Develop and implement business development activities and program growth strategies
- Meet relevant statutory regulations, funding agreements and accreditation standards
- Ensure continuous improvement, clinical governance, manage risk and operational budgets
Regular travel is required across the Northern Queensland region from Wide Bay through to Cooktown.
You are an energetic, passionate leader with extensive experience in the management of human services programs within a child protection, out of home care or other complex service delivery environment. You demonstrate high level facilitation, team leadership and ability to manage and support staff together with:
- Experience supporting young people with a diverse range of backgrounds and challenges
- Strong ability to connect and quickly establish relationships with key stakeholders
- Cultural competency to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities
- Experience working within a statutory framework and knowledge of legislation and regulation for care
- Financial and risk management expertise
- Tertiary qualifications in a human services related or business discipline
If you are truly motivated to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people, please click apply to submit your CV and a cover letter responding to the skills required section above. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on 0412 473 257 to discuss.
LWB work with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds with varied life experiences, physical abilities and interests and seek to employ people who reflect the great diversity of their clients. They know that your difference can be what makes the difference and therefore strive for an inclusive culture where you can be your whole self every day at work.
To be the best they can be, LWB actively seek people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to join them to partner with people to change lives for the better.