Employer: Micah Projects
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
Street to Home provides support to people who are experiencing chronic homelessness to move into and sustain long-term housing while also responding to individuals and families in crisis. The integrated Street to Home After-Hours Nursing Service operates seven days per week from 6pm to 12mn. Two rostered nurses are each teamed with a Street to Home Support and Advocacy Worker to provide integrated health, housing and social support services to people in public space, parks, food vans, boarding houses and public housing.
Micah Projects is a community based not-for-profit organisation with a mission to respond to people who experience exclusion, poverty, injustice and social isolation so that they may experience inclusion, economic wellbeing, justice and connection within their community of choice.
Micah Projects is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our existing team to work after hours within a community-based outreach program as part of the Street to Home team. The position will be fixed-term, part-time three shifts per week, 6pm-12mn (33.6 hrs per f/n). The Registered Nurse will be employed by Micah Projects as part of the multidisciplinary Street to Home team in an outreach capacity to provide direct nursing care and care co-ordination, and to create pathways to overcome barriers to healthcare for people with complex health and social issues across Brisbane. This position will be contracted to 30 June 2020 with the possibility to extend.
This position falls under the conditions of the SCHADS Award and is paid in line with the Queensland Health Nurses and Midwives EB Agreement Level 5.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current AHPRA registration to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated clinical nursing experience
- Strong interest in Primary Health Care
- Experience / interest in working with people who are vulnerable, at risk and experiencing homelessness
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility in a community setting
- Ability to form and maintain strong collegial relationships across service organisations
- Commitment to improving the health and services provided to people who are marginalized.
- Current open QLD drivers licence.
To be considered for this position, you must follow these steps:
1. Copy and paste the following link in to your web browser: http://micahprojects.applynow.net.au/jobs/MICAH110
2. Enter your Personal Details and answer the questions that make up the Selection Criteria.
3. Upload your resume and cover letter when prompted.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 14 August 2019.