Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 30 September 2020
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
- Research & Evaluation Officer
- Part time position until 30 June 2021
- 10 – 16 hours per week
Are you a dynamic individual with a high attention to detail and a passion for research and evaluation?
The Research and Evaluation Officer is responsible for supporting the Research and Evaluation priorities of the organisation including the implementation of the BYS Evaluation Framework and BYS research projects.
You will have a tertiary qualification in Evaluation, Social Work, Psychology, or Social Sciences or similar; have a current Queensland driver’s license and you must hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (blue card).
For more information on applying for a blue card, go to: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-car
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- A commitment to the BYS values and their application to research and evaluation activities.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quality social research, including quantitative and/or qualitative methods of data collection and analysis.
- Understanding of the delivery of evaluation, outcomes measurement and/or research projects in a community services context and the associated ethical considerations for social research with vulnerable young people and families.
- Applied knowledge of the use of quantitative and qualitative evaluation and/or research methodologies, preferably including data analysis methods and/or software.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written/oral formats and produce quality reports incorporating data visualisation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across BYS teams and with external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, think creatively to overcome challenges, and meet timeframes.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to Rhianon Vichta-Ohlsen – [email protected]