Employer: Brisbane Youth Service Inc
Closing Date: 20 June 2022
- Full-time Contract until 30 June 2023 in line with funding agreement
- Excellent salary packaging benefits with flexible work arrangements available
- 5 weeks annual leave
Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to facilitate service growth, aligned with strategic priorities?
Brisbane Youth Service is a non-profit supporting young people and their families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless. Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people in our community.
At Brisbane Youth Service, we actively promote work-life balance and provide a supportive team environment. We also know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
Senior Practitioner | Safe and Connected Futures Program – the Opportunity
This position is a senior practitioner role working with young people and their extended families and carers in a strengths-based trauma-informed program designed to provide support for young people at the points of either early intervention/first engagement with homelessness services or exiting from them to independence.
The Safe and Connected Futures Program involves piloting a range of interventions aimed at building better family connections and sustainable support for young people.
The program will be both co-designed and evaluated with young people in collaboration with our university partners.
To undertake the role of Safe and Connected Futures Senior Practitioner you will require a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social Services or similar, with postgraduate experience in a similar role; have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (blue card) prior to commencement.
For more information on applying for a blue card, go to: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card
In accordance with the Queensland Government Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination requirements) Direction, applicants attending interview and successful candidates will
need to produce double vaccination evidence with their MyGov digital Covid certificate prior to entry to a BYS premises.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
1. An understanding of and commitment to BYS’ vision and objectives and demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework;
2. Strong skills in client-focussed engagement, planned support, needs and risk assessment;
3. Strong knowledge of and experience using a range of evidence informed practices and interventions when working with vulnerable and at-risk young people and/or their families demonstrated ability to form and maintain positive relationships with young people and family members;
4. Advanced communication skills including written, oral, verbal and interpersonal skills;
5. Skills in facilitating both individual and group-based youth and/or family work with experience in nature-based/adventure therapy/activity-based ways of engaging with young people and/or families highly valued;
6. Demonstrated experience in strong collaborative practice including developing and maintaining networks and partnerships and the ty to navigate relationships with a diverse range of service providers and stakeholders;
7. Ability to engage in reflection and evaluation activities with young people and colleagues that contributes to overall program development and learning.
To apply, please attach your (1) Cover letter addressing the selection criteria along with your (2) use recruitment service portal.
To download the full position description, please visit: http://brisyouth.org/employment-opportunities/
If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Renee Bull, Early Intervention Manager at [email protected]