Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: North Queensland
Closing Date: 2 December 2020
We are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Standby Worker to work as a part of our UnitingCare Standby Support after Suicide team covering the Central Qld, Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast region. This is a permanent part time opportunity, 38hrs per forntight. We are flexible basing this opportunity in Rockhampton or Gladstone.
As a Senior Standby Worker you will respond effectively to trauma and grief suffered by people impacted by suicide. You will provide crisis counselling, debriefing and referral support.
We are seeking a motivated individual with experience in providing crisis counselling, who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of people impacted by suicide.
In addition to the above you will also be required to have:
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated knowledge and skill in working with people impacted by suicide.
- Demonstrated, well developed interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of crisis intervention and trauma response including knowledge of self-care management practices.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- A criminal history check will be conducted on the recommended person for this position
- Willingness to travel within the state, including within the Central Qld, Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast PHN Region.
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills with a values based organisation where people are at the centre of everything we do.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
So don’t hesitate! Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume!
For more information, please contact the details below.
UnitingCare is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur To read more about our commitment to child safety please head to http://unitingcareqld.com.au/advocacy/child-safety
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community