Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Senior Worker – YFS Connect
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of a fast paced team providing information, advice and solutions for people experiencing homelessness, financial crisis and a wide range of other issues.
· Benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a monthly accrued day off.
· Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Full time permanent
Pay range: $79,776 to $81,851 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic, and resilient Senior Worker for the YFS Connect team. In this job, you’ll provide day to day leadership and client service delivery in a team that is the first point of contact for new clients and agency inquiries. You will:
· have a high level of interpersonal skills that equip you to manage, develop and support staff, resolve organisational issues, provide advice, and negotiate contracts;
· have demonstrated knowledge and experience navigating housing and other service options with vulnerable community members for positive outcomes; and
· have a demonstrated knowledge and experience working within a service delivery team in a high-volume, responsive supply and demand environment.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Wednesday 12 June 2019 at 5pm
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 19 June 2019.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.