- Are you a highly motivated professional who wants to help people harness their full potential?
- Do you want to make a genuine and lasting difference to people facing barriers into employment?
If the answer is yes, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for SANDBAG, a progressive not-for-profit organisation based in Sandgate, North Brisbane. You will be a vital member of our dynamic Skills and Employment initiative.
- Generous hourly rate $30.04 per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
- This a full time position – 38 hours per week.
We are seeking a dedicated and proactive Skills and Employment Consultant to join our Training, Employment and Enterprise team. This is a hands on training role, working collaboratively within the team and the broader organisation. You will facilitate a diverse range of job readiness and employment supports for our trade trainees. You will be required to use your expertise in training or group facilitation to build people’s capacity and confidence to achieve their employment or education goals. You will also focus on creating employment opportunities through identifying and engaging with potential employers.
The Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group Incorporated, known as SANDBAG Inc. is an independent community based organisation that has been working within the Brisbane North community for the past 25 years.
We aim to create community connections that strengthen and support individuals, families and communities and engage with people experiencing adversity due to poverty, homelessness, mental illness, domestic violence and disability. SANDBAG works to break down barriers that exclude people from housing, healthcare, employment and meaningful connections. We assist and support individuals to access a safe space, resolve crisis, break social isolation, access health and community services, and build community.
Working developmentally, our values strongly drive not only what we do but how we do it. Actively living these values underpins the approach of all those who work for or are connected with the organisation.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Previous experience in training and/or group facilitation using an adult learning framework
- The ability to support and motivate diverse job seekers facing multiple barriers to employment
- The ability to maximise appropriate employment outcomes for participants and quickly gain knowledge of the local labour market
- The capacity to proactively seek out new business relationships with potential employers
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Confidence in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to develop learning resources and materials
- Computer literacy skills including MS office
- Experience in a similar role – Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program
The successful candidate will also have:
- A current National Police Clearance (Blue and Yellow Card) or willingness to obtain
- A current Drivers Licence
- Working rights within Australia
Are you up for the challenge? Send a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the position and resume by COB 25th June 2019. Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application will be advantageous.
SANDBAG strives to employ people who reflect the diversity of the individuals and communities we work with. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and People with a Disability are encouraged to apply.