Employer: Caxton Legal Centre
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Position: Bail Service Social Worker
Classification: Level 5
Remuneration: $81,906 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: full time fixed term contract till 30 June 2021
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a Bail Service Social Worker, to work in a program to assist prisoners on remand to seek bail. The successful applicant will engage with bail applicants on remand who need a range of psychosocial supports in place to enhance a successful transition back to community from custody and support clients who have been released to comply
with bail conditions.
- Provide social work services to clients in accordance with Caxton’s Practice Manual and the Australian Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics 2010
- Provide an effective intake, psychosocial assessment, safety planning and capacity screening service for clients, or prospective clients, requesting assistance
- Assist clients meet their safety and psycho-social needs by providing short-term counselling, access to services and support, advocacy, limited court support, and referral to clients via phone, appointments at outreach locations, court, home visits and on-site at the Centre as appropriate
- Collaborate with relevant agencies and entities to provide information, problem solve and develop referral pathways for services to clients
- Where relevant, contribute social work perspectives to Caxton’s submissions for policy or law reform
- Provide reports, records, and/or collect data as required for evaluation, reporting requirements
- Bachelor of Social Work or other relevant qualification
- Eligible for AASW membership
- Substantial experience in the provision of social work services
- Experience in supervision of social workers
- Eligible for a Queensland Corrective Services Yellow Card and criminal history check
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically
diverse. In addition to coordinating access to sometimes scarce services and supports for highly disadvantaged people.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: BAILSW0120 to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 31 January 2020. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.