Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 12 October 2020
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of an experienced team of passionate psychologists, counsellors and social workers who are implementing Queensland’s first Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare program. FFT-CW is an evidence-informed therapy program that achieves lasting behaviour change for vulnerable families in the Browns Plains and Beaudesert region.
· Benefit from intensive training in the FFT-CW model, regular ongoing clinical support and a flexible work environment.
· Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Jimboomba and work from
Role type: Permanent
Pay range: $83,046 – 86,805 a year based on experience, with attractive salary
packaging exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax and Vehicle Packaging options
As a Functional Family Therapist, you will work with high risk children and families, delivering an evidence informed, strengths and phased based therapy program, that includes creating and implementing positive individualised behaviour plans that target referral issues, risk and protective factors.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced therapist with Bachelor Degree or above in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or related discipline, to join our multidisciplinary team of therapists.
While part of a team, the right person will also:
- Be a self-starter, who possesses, a degree of autonomy and the ability to work from home
- Have effective communication skills and a proven ability to quickly establish rapport with young children and their families
- Work flexible work hours including taking a monthly Alternative Day off (ADO) or a 9day fortnight
- Hold a current driver’s license, and Working with Children Cards or will be willing to apply for a Working with Children’s Card and National Police Certificate (or eligibility to apply and obtain)
- Be willing to work flexible hours, including at least two evenings a week
- Adhere to rigorous safety protocols including wearing a monitored Duress watch during home visits and
- Be a quick learner and willing to learn how to provide weekly structured therapy sessions in line with the FFT-CW phased model.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 12 October 2020
Interviews are scheduled for Friday 16 October 2020
People from First Nations backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So, we offer great opportunities to develop your
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.