Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Closing Date: 17 October 2019
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our dedicated StandBy – Support After Suicide service. These are casual positions requiring some travel across South-East QLD and some out-of-hours work. There is a particular focus on availability for work at short notice.
Working in the StandBy Support team, you will respond effectively to trauma and grief suffered by people impacted by suicide, by providing crisis counselling, debrief and referral support.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
You will have experience in providing crisis counselling and be passionate about making a difference in the lives of people impacted by suicide. Supplementing this, you will present with the following:
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated knowledge and skill in working with people impacted by suicide.
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of crisis intervention and trauma response including knowledge of self-care management practices.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- A criminal history check may be conducted on the recommended person for this position
The starting casual rate for these positions is $37.21 per hour.
base salary + super+ salary packaging + employee benefits
The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
Culture and Benefits
Our shared values drive the way we work- Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is:
- Training for your role now and development opportunities for your career
- Diverse work arrangements and opportunities
- Support to undertake tertiary study
- Corporate private health discounts
- Competitive personal and income insurance
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
UnitingCare is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our clients. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.