Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of a key outreach service to primary school children, where you will become an adult role model within schools, offering social, emotional and spiritual support.
- Benefit from learning and development opportunities, a supportive work environment and the chance to make a difference in children’s lives.
- Take on an exciting part-time school-hour opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Logan City
Role type: Part time – maximum term – 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
Pay range: $30.19 – $32.66 per hour based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and reliable Student Welfare Worker with at least 12 months experience for our Student Welfare/Chaplain program. This program sees us working closely with multiple primary schools in the Logan area. In this job, you’ll work with school-aged children, providing day-to-day support through planned activities such as breakfast clubs, games and sports to assist students to develop appropriate social and emotional skills. You will:
- act as a role model for students by assisting in the development of supportive relationships
- facilitate activities hubs and social skills programs
- assist in enhancing links between schools and their communities, including parents.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
- To qualify for one of these positions you must have the following:
- an endorsement letter from a recognised religious denomination
- a Certificate IV in Pastoral Care or Youth Work through the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) nationally accredited Community Services Training Package, or an equivalent or higher qualification.
NB: The certificate or equivalent qualification must contain one unit of competency in two of the the key topic areas of ‘making appropriate referrals’, ‘mental health’, ‘working with young people’ or ‘cultural awareness and support’.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job, to [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021 at 9am
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.