Employer: Micah Projects
Closing Date: 12 May 2021
Micah Projects is a not-for-profit organisation committed to providing services and opportunities in the community to create justice and respond to injustice. We engage with people experiencing adversity due to poverty, homelessness, mental illness, domestic violence, disability and all forms of discrimination.
Micah Projects works to break down barriers that exclude people from housing, healthcare, employment, meaningful connections, and to give people a voice. We assist and support each individual or family including children, to resolve crisis, break social isolation. Micah Projects is an equal opportunity employer and promotes access to positions to individuals from a diverse range of social and cultural groups.
The Support and Advocacy Worker provides coordinated entry through assessment, triage and prioritisation of services based on presenting needs for individuals and families who are experiencing, or at risk of homelessness.
This position will:
• Undertake screening through phone, in-person and appointments using specified organisational software programs and seek to resolve the person/family’s presenting issue through the provision of information and advice.
• Undertake comprehensive assessment ensuring all mandatory assessments are completed using QHIP and the VI-SPDAT.
• Match housing, healthcare and support needs to relevant services and resources in the community.
This is a permanent, part time role with a minimum of 22.8 hours (3 days) of work available per week (with the possibility to pick up extra hours) and is classified under the SCHADS Award as a Level 4.
This position is part of the Coordinated Access Team (CAT), a program which is an initial access point for people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness in the greater Brisbane region. CAT works in partnership with key community, housing, health and government services, and aim to end homelessness in Brisbane through the provision of affective assistance to individuals and families.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills & experience:
• Effective communication skills and the ability to advocate with community and government services.
• Demonstrated experience with case management in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of disadvantage, poverty and homelessness in our community and how it affects people we support.
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Ability to work in Australia.
Please visit https://micahprojects.elmotalent.com.au/careers/micahprojects/job/view/13 to apply for this position. The deadline to receive applications is Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 5pm.