Employer: Micah Projects
Closing Date: 8 July 2020
Street to Home provides support to individuals, couples and families experiencing chronic homelessness such as sleeping rough in public space or in cars move into long term housing with supports. People continue to be trapped in a cycle of homelessness from emergency shelters to rough sleeping for years. Moving out of this cycle requires not only access to affordable and permanent housing but a process of integrating social supports and healthcare services. This enables and provides vulnerable people the best possible platform for a successful transition from homelessness to home.
Street to Home team embraces and applies a housing first framework by delivering an assertive outreach service to people who are sleeping rough and in their homes.
Micah Projects is a community based not-for-profit organisation with a vision to create justice and respond to injustice at the personal, social, and structural levels in church, government, business and society. We believe that every child and adult has the right to a home, an income, healthcare, education, safety, dignity, and connection with their community of choice. Micah Projects provides a range of support and advocacy services to individuals and families.
Micah Projects is seeking two Support and Advocacy Workers to join Street to Home. As a Support and Advocacy Worker you will work to respond to advocate for and support people to:
• Access/maintain permanent and affordable housing
• Be safe and comfortable within their home
• Access support, social and health services
• Empower and foster independence and interdependence through participation, and access to appropriate resources, opportunities and services within the community.
These are permanent, full time positions with a minimum of 38 hours of work available per week and is classified under the SCHADS Award as a Level 4.
Applications close Wednesday, 8 July 2020 at 5pm.
To be considered for this position, you must follow these steps:
1. Copy and paste the following link in to your web browser: http://micahprojects.applynow.net.au/jobs/MICAH136
2. Enter your Personal Details and answer the questions that make up the Selection Criteria.
3. Upload your resume and cover letter when prompted.