Closing Date: 24 December 2019
At UnitingCare Qld we believe that everyone deserves the freedom to live life their way. For us that means truly listening to peoples stories – where they have been, and more importantly where they want to go. We are passionate about the work we do and deliver services to thousands of people every day that assist them in reaching their own individual goals.
We are currently seeking Supported Living Facilitators (Disability Support Workers) to join our Uniting Care team on a Part Time basis, supporting our teams across the Brisbane North region.
As a Supported Living Facilitator, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support community participation and inclusion for individuals and families.
- Support in home skills development and personal care.
- Undertake support and training in community development and inclusion principles and practices to build inclusive communities.
- Work independently and creatively within a dynamic team environment.
To be successful in this role, you will be creative, enthusiastic, proactive, positive and willing to learn and experience community inclusion principles and practices. You will be required to work independently as well as contribute in a team environment.
Supplementing the above, you will present with the following:
- Hold or be able to obtain a Blue & Yellow Card – Working with Children & Adults with a disability
- Qld Drivers Licence
- Hold current or be able to obtain First Aid & CPR Certification
- Hold current or be able to obtain NDIS Worker Orientation Certification
What we offer:
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills with a values based organisation where people are at the centre of everything we do.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume!
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.