Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Closing Date: 23 February 2020
Do you like making a positive difference in people’s lives? Are you dynamic, energetic and passionate about promoting the growth and development of people with disabilities?
As a Supported Living Facilitator you’ll work with people with physical and intellectual disabilities, helping them access opportunities such volunteering, work, membership of clubs or groups. You may also support people in their homes, assisting with personal and domestic tasks as required. We work around the clock, including day and evening shifts, overnight stays and weekend support, to help people achieve their goals while staying healthy, happy and safe.
We have a number of part-time positions located across Brisbane’s southern suburbs.
You’ll have the ability and willingness to:
- Work autonomously and as part of a team
- Learn about people quickly and work flexibly to support them
- Support people (where required) with daily care and hygiene requirements, including personal care support, meal time support, mobility support, some medical requirements, domestic and transport assistance
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Relevant disability experience, demonstrated knowledge or a genuine desire to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to people with a disability and their family members
- Blue/Yellow Card (or ability to obtain one)
- CPR and First Aid certificate
- Open Qld Driver’s Licence
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Worker Orientation Module certificate
See the attached position description for more information about this position, or contact us for specific questions. If you are viewing this ad on a job board, please apply by clicking through to our careers website.
Previous applicants need not apply.
What We Offer:
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills with a values based organization where people are at the centre of everything we do.
We offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits. So don’t hesitate! Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume! (Previous applicants need not apply.)
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.