Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Closing Date: 5 November 2019
As a Lead Practitioner – Supported Living, you will lead, mentor and supervise a team of staff supporting people with a disability. You’ll work with the people we support and their family members, friends, and community resources to help them achieve their personal goals; maintain friendships, relationships, jobs and community roles; and live their daily lives.
We’re seeking a number of Lead Practitioner to work across South and East suburbs of Brisbane in both Full Time and Part Time roles.
Main requirements and duties of the position:
- Work in collaboration with the people we serve, their families and personal networks to assist them in everyday living situations. This includes the provision of personal care and household management as needed.
- Mentor and lead a team of Supported Living Facilitators to deliver high quality support.
- Ensure safe, efficient and sustainable day to day management of resources for particular households, including staff, records, budgets, buildings and vehicles.
- Experience in providing support to people with complex and high-level medical needs is desirable.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Experience in linking people with a disability to opportunities to be involved in their community so that both the individual with a disability and the wider community benefits.
- Experience in supporting people with a disability to increase their independence and reduce their reliance on formal disability supports.
- Ability to work effectively with all stakeholders, while applying the principles of family- or self-governance, personal autonomy, choice and control and intentional safeguarding.
- Knowledge of recruitment practices and principles including consultation and engagement with the people we serve and matching staff appropriately.
- Criminal history checks for Blue and Yellow Cards, or the ability to obtain them.
- Current CPR, First Aid Certificate and Driver’s Licence.
- Capacity and willingness to work outside business hours on occasion if required.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. If you are viewing this ad on a job board, please apply by clicking through to our careers website. All applicants must address the included selection criteria, and attach a current resume and cover letter. Should you require additional information, please contact as per the details below. Previous applicants need not apply.
As one of the largest employers in Queensland, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills within a value-based organization where people are at the centre of everything we do.
This position will offer you the opportunity to impact the new direction for UnitingCare. You will drive innovation and make a difference that will take our organisation into the future. You will be rewarded with empowering career opportunities and a competitive remuneration package.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
A competitive salary package, commensurate with your experience will apply.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.