Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 2 November 2020
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of a well-established team that achieves great outcomes for young people in the Logan/Redlands Community.
- Benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a monthly accrued day off.
- Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Permanent full time
Pay range: $83,046 based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for an experienced Case Manager with drive and initiative. We need someone who can think on their feet, make considered decisions when dealing with crisis, and apply common sense solutions in changing situations for our Shift team, a small program working with young people in Logan/ Redlands in partnership with the Mater Clarence Street alcohol and other drugs service. In this job, you’ll work with young people aged 12-25, providing
intensive case management support to address their goals around substance use and additional vulnerabilities such as mental health, housing and legal issues. You will:
- provide purposeful and tailored case managed services to young people
- be thorough, detailed, purposeful, client-centred and family focused.
- provide evidence-based interventions to address substance use.
- provide opportunities for young people to experience and engage with meaningful activities as an alternative to substance use.
- provide mental health interventions and assist clients to link with additional support services tailored to their needs.
- work with parents and families, significant support people and stakeholders to build participation and independence.
- provide leadership and mentoring to other staff as required.
- assist higher-level managers and specialists with reporting and small projects.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client
focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Closing date: Monday 2 November 2020 at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 9 November 2020
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.