Employer: BridgingWorx Ltd
Closing Date: 11 December 2020
Who we are…
BridgingWorx Ltd is an established non-profit organisation providing support to vulnerable children, young people, and their families, in Australia. We assist Community Service organisations in Victoria and Queensland by providing them with Youth Support Workers for Residential Care. We are currently looking for casual team members to join us throughout the greater Brisbane region.
Our team members are all qualified, professional, and passionate – we pride ourselves on supporting our clients to provide the best quality of care to children and young people in their care.
- A supportive and inclusive culture to all team members
- Regular Supervision and one-on-one support, plus team activities
- Above-Award wages, plus Superannuation and all additional allowances
- Salary Packaging to all employees – including those employed on a casual basis
- Shifts for mornings, afternoons and overnight, allowing for work/life balance
What we are looking for…
Whether you are an experienced Youth Worker, or just starting your career in the sector, we are looking for people with passion, commitment, and empathy. To be successful you will be dedicated to improving the lives of young people in care and have the following attributes:
- Ability to develop rapport and build relationships with young people who often exhibit complex trauma-based behaviours
- Capacity to remain calm and rational in heightened and stressful situations; able to self-regulate your responses
- Be a strong role-model with confidence to engage and encourage young people in educational and social activities
- Comfortable working in a residential setting – your duties will include preparing and cooking meals, cleaning and keeping the home tidy, laundry, and other domestic duties
- Flexibility and adaptability – available at short notice and able to work a variety of shifts in different locations
- Excellent communication skills; able to relate to young people, other Youth Workers and Supervisors in an appropriate manner – both verbally and in writing
- Participate asa team member – collaborating with, and supporting, those you work with
Things you need to know…
Before you can start work with us, you will need to provide copies of your qualifications and documentation required to be a Youth Worker in Queensland:
- A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or other approved qualification (or evidence of enrollment)
- Completion of the Hope and Healing Framework Foundations Training
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children) and LCS form completed
- Current National Police Certificate
- A valid Queensland Driver Licence (minimum P2)
- Evidence of your Right to Work in Australia
- Senior First Aid Certificate with CPR
You can provide this information at different steps throughout the process – and we can help you with some of it – however we are unable to offer you shifts until we receive all of the above.
What happens now…
Please submit a current resume and cover letter at www.bridgingworx.org.au/careers. Once we have reviewed your application, one of our professional team members will let you know if you have been successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment.
Along with a video introduction, you will then be asked to complete a short questionnaire.
Your application will be assessed again at this stage and should you be successful, you will need to complete some online training modules, before being invited to attend a Group Assessment where you will learn more about BridgingWorx and the role of being a Youth Support Worker in Queensland.
Please visit www.bridgingworx.org to apply.