Fostering workplace diversity is good for business, leading to increased creativity, innovation and productivity. A workplace that is reflective of the community it serves is also more likely to be welcoming, culturally safe and accessible to the community. Leaders have a critical role in cultivating a workplace culture where all people feel respected and valued and the opportunity and resources to fully contribute their perspectives and talents.
This is a one day workshop aimed at organisational leaders. We explore the benefits of workplace diversity and inclusion and the leaders role in modelling actions and behaviours that build a cohesive, safe and inclusive environment. This is an engaging and interactive workshop that uses participatory leadership approaches and practical activities to build skills and allow participants to begin to lead change back in the workplace
• Gain understanding of the meaning and benefits of workforce diversity & inclusion
• Gain understanding of what it means to lead inclusively including reflecting on own leadership style
• Gain understanding of models that can support implementation of cultural change
• Gain skills and confidence in engaging in challenging conversations and working with resistance
• Explore a range of engagement strategies to build an inclusive organisation.
Secure undercover car parking facilities are available at a discounted price of $10 per vehicle.
This is a central Brisbane venue walking distance to public transport :)