The two day training will cover how to deliver to a group that:
- Facilitates the hearing and sharing of group member’s stories of parenting
- Uses art, creative writing, music and discussion when working with this group of parents
- Explores parenting pictures through the use imagery and movement
- Uses three-dimensional art to further think about the provision of safety for both parents and children
- Assists group members to debunk some of the myths that surround mental health diagnosis
- Provides opportunities to be creative, have fun and relax.
Trish and Maggie will use the metaphor of a bush walk to highlight the stresses, unexpected events and fulfilment involved in parenting when a family member lives with mental health concerns. Participants will be encouraged to participate in several of the interactive experiential group work sessions.