There have been some recent changes to the SEQ Customer Water and Wastewater Code which offers some improvements for water customers. To explain these changes and give you more information about how to assist clients who may be struggling with water costs, QCOSS is holding Water Literacy Forums in Ipswich and Redland Bay. If you are a frontline worker for a community organisation that assists people with financial issues, including water bills, this forum is for you.
The forums will cover:
- Water prices - what do you pay?
- SEQ Customer Water and Wastewater Code – what has changed?
- Concessions and hardship assistance
- Rights for tenants who pay for water
- Water efficiency tips and advice
- Discussion and Q&A
Redland Bay water literacy forum
If you can't make it to this forum, we will also be holding a forum in Ipswich on Tuesday 13 March.