The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland Program (CMQ), in alignment with the Multicultural Queensland Charter, promotes:
- Queensland's multicultural identity
- community participation and intercultural connections
- increased understanding between diverse cultural groups and the wider community
- increased engagement of general community groups in connecting and welcoming migrants and refugees into a wide range of community activities.
Engage migrants, refugees and the wider community in building a united, harmonious and inclusive Queensland.
Who can apply?
Incorporated organisations operating as a not-for-profit/charitable entity, Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and P&C Associations are eligible to apply for funding and must:
- have a registered and current Australian Business Number (ABN) that is not for a commercial entity or individual; or hold an exemption from registration; or complete a Statement by Supplier form
- hold public liability insurance to the value of not less than $10 million, or provide evidence of plans to obtain insurance to the value of not less than $10 million to cover the proposed event or project
- have no overdue reports, or service delivery or performance issues for funding previously or currently provided by Multicultural Affairs Queensland.