(Please note: the scheduled end time of this grant is a placeholder required to mirror on our website, and may not reflect the actual closing time.)
Financial assistance and support services are now available to residents directly affected by Tropical Cyclone Trevor in Far North Queensland.
In the days following a disaster, people who are unable to meet their immediate essential needs for temporary accommodation, food, essential clothing and medication may be eligible for financial assistance.
Emergency hardship assistance is available as a contribution to support people directly impacted by a disaster to meet their immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.
To be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- live or are stranded in the targeted activation zone
- have suffered hardship as a result of the event
- are unable to meet your immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.
You are not eligible for this grant if you are claiming:
- business loss or damage including compensation for loss of income
- farm or property damage (excluding principal place of residence)
- loss of tools of trade
- essential services outage (if less than 6 days)
- isolation within property.
Emergency hardship assistance is not asset tested. If deemed eligible, applicants may receive $180 per person up to $900 for a family of 5 or more.
The loss of power to your home is not an eligibility criterion for access to emergency hardship assistance.
However, if we are able to verify you have had no access to power for more than 5 days, you may be eligible for an Essential Services Hardship Assistance grant.
How to apply
Apply online via the Community Recovery Portal or by phoning the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.