This initiative is funded by the Department of Education and Training as one of the deliverables of the Workforce Action Plan 2016-2019 to build sustainability with the Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) workforce in rural and remote areas.
It is led by Queensland Council of Service (QCOSS), in partnership with the Health and Community Services Workforce Council. Both services have a long history of working with and supporting the ECEC sector in Queensland so you may be familiar with our team.
Rural and Remote Workforce Initiative
AIM: to support educators in rural and remote areas of Queensland to gain approved early childhood qualifications and meet their training and development needs.
ELIGIBILITY: Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services and/educators employed by the following services:
- Approved ECEC centre-cased education and care services under the Education and Care National Law or the Queensland Education and Care Services Act (2013)
- ECEC services that may not be approved but are Queensland Government funded, eg children and family centres, children and family hubs, and some playgroups, outside school hours and vacation care services.
RATIONALE: ECEC services in remote areas face challenges in recruiting and retaining suitably qualified staff, as well as keeping up with new legislative requirements. Delivery of high quality early education and care will be enhanced through supporting educators to complete qualifications and upskill.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICES:
- Rural and remote training initiatives and resources
- Networking support between services
- Additional study support
- Rural and Remote Early Childhood Teacher Scholarship
- Networking with registered training organisations and other education providers.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR EDUCATORS:
- Individualised support plans
- Training and skills development programs
- Professional development mapping competencies to speed up outcomes
- Supervisor network, coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Case management of study progress and support.
P: (07) 3004 6900
Meet the team (left to right)
Stacey, Rona, Tara, Gina, Chris, Ros