Successful Multicultural Inclusion - How do we do it?
This joint QCOSS and PeakCare one-day workshop will explore the many aspects of cultural inclusion in a community service setting. At the end of the day you will have a better understanding of the strengths of culturally diverse communities and how to appropriately include people from different cultures into your workplace and service delivery.
Sessions will include:
- What are the strengths of culturally diverse communities?
- What are the enablers for supporting culturally inclusive service practices?
- How can the sector more effectively engage and work with interpreters to support diverse populations?
- Exploring enablers to access for culturally and linguistically diverse populations in different community service settings.
Presenters will include:
- Faiza el-Higzi, QCOSS board member
- Kevin Cocks, Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland (ADCQ)
- Ranu James, Inclusion Professional, KU Inclusion Support Queensland
- Sean Popovich, Queensland Network of Alcohol and Other Drug Agencies (QNADA)
- Members of the Multicultural Advisory Network
- a Young Consultant from CREATE
- and more!
When: Wednesday 15 February
Time: 9:00am-4:30pm (arrive 8:30am)
Venue: Riverside Receptions, 50 Oxlade Drive, New Farm
Supported by the Queensland Government