Are you passionate about social justice, driving social change and creating positive outcomes for communities?
Do you have?
- Excellent community engagement and partnership development skills?
- Demonstrated skills working with the community sector or enabling place-based responses?
The Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS) is currently recruiting for two exciting fixed term Senior Community Capacity Officer positions as follows:
- One full-time - 38 hours per week fixed term to (July to 30 June 2019)
- One part-time – 30.4 hours per week (August 2018 to 23 August 2019)
Both positions have flexible working conditions including flex and time in lieu provisions.
The positions are focused on building the capacity of citizens, the community services sector and communities to drive social change and build thriving communities across Queensland. Current key-focus areas for these positions include:
- Enabling place-based approaches across Queensland through the development of resources, establishing a state-wide Community of Practice, managing community engagement processes, partnership development and project management.
- Facilitate sector capacity building initiatives including supporting community sector organisations to complete their Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF) accreditation.
- Managing and facilitating citizen engagement and capacity building forums and initiatives which support community conversations about a Movement for Change across Queensland.
QCOSS’ purpose is to drive social change! We want all Queenslanders to enjoy a high quality of life and be able to access the opportunities which make this possible – quality education, appropriate and affordable housing, meaningful employment, accessible health and a thriving, connected community.
We offer a competitive remuneration including access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work life balance provisions.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) as outlined in the position description to [email protected](link sends e-mail). Please specify in your letter if you have a preference for FT or PT.
Closing Date: 12 pm Friday 13 July 2018.
For further information: or clarification please contact Luke Baker, Community Capacity Lead on (07) 3004 6908.