When you join the team at QCOSS, you are joining a group of talented and passionate professionals working to make a difference – to end poverty and disadvantage.
At QCOSS, we work to eliminate poverty and disadvantage by:
- Providing effective policy advice to government
- Building the capacity of community services to be innovative, effective and valued
- Forming productive partnerships with our stakeholders
- Making our organisation strong, sustainable and effective.
We are strongly committed to our values, and work hard to ensure we display them in our day-to-day work.
Our organisational values encourage us to act:
We underpin these values by behaving with integrity.
As a member of the team here at QCOSS, you will have access to:
- Access to salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- Up to five weeks annual leave (this includes time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Up to three days of additional leave per year to meet family or community commitments
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Access to study leave
What some of our staff like best about working at QCOSS
Using evidence and innovation to inform government decision making and policies relating to poverty and disadvantage
– Brendon, Team Leader
Friendly working environment with support, flexibility and understanding – family-like.
– Donette, Events and Membership
The inspirational, talented and passionate people who are all committed to social change.
– Suzanne, Project Manager
QCOSS looks after its staff as they work towards helping others to better their lives.
– Alison, Homelessness Planning and Coordination
I feel like I am a part of a bigger agenda that works towards social change at a structural level….having the opportunity to influence government policy decisions so that they address issues faced by the most vulnerable people in our communities
– Fiona, Senior Manager
I am grateful that I can work in a job where I feel like I am contributing to a good cause each day. The culture at QCOSS is very supportive, highly motivating and fun. QCOSS attracts positive and passionate people and it is fulfilling to work with such like-minded team-mates.
- Jane, Sector Development Project Officer
Doing work that makes a positive difference.
- Christine, Policy Officer