YFS Connect Worker
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of a team that engages and provides practical support with all the issues facing the people of Logan .
- Benefit from ongoing professional development, a fun and busy work environment and a monthly accrued day off.
- Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek,
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Pay range: $69,724 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a dynamic, confident, reliable YFS Connect Worker for the YFS Intake, Referral and Assessment team, our ‘front of house’ YFS Connect team. In this job, you’ll provide a centralised contact point for people seeking access to resources and services within YFS and other organisations. You will:
- support people in crisis to address their immediate needs
- match people's needs to resources and services required
- manage YFS program capacity through undertaking program intake and assessments for participating services.
- inform YFS management of people's needs, program capacity to meet those needs, external resources available to meet those needs, and unmet need
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 5pm
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday, 18 December 2018
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.