Amount: Between $10,000 and $200,000
The Community Facility Category aims to deliver outcomes in alignment with Brisbane Vision 2031, which plans for the future of the city.
There are two options for funding:
- Option 1 – Planning and design for a proposed Community Facility improvement or development project
- Option 2 – The construction phase of a Community Facility improvement, development or maintenance project.
Projects must deliver one or more of the following objectives:
- improve the quality of a Community Facility
- increase, maintain or enhance participation and community access to a Community Facility
- improve the flexibility of a Community Facility so that it encourages the development of multi-use, sharing and co-location.
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the capacity to maintain the completed improvement works.
Council may set prioritised project types to respond to key community needs and issues identified by Council. If applied, these priorities will be determined before the new financial year and listed at the start of the application form and on Council’s website. Examples include sports field lighting, building maintenance, increased diversity of use or participation.
If your project does not fit with prioritised project types, it will still be considered and assessed. Please discuss your proposal with a Council officer before commencing your application.
All applicants must contact Council and ask to speak with a Council officer to confirm their eligibility, obtain advice on their proposed project and complete the Approval for Works Form (AFW) prior to commencing an application. An approved AFW will need to be attached to the application.
For more information: https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community-and-safety/grants-awards-and-sponsorships/community-grants/lord-mayors-better-suburbs-grants/community-facility-category-guidelines