Human Rights in Action: Accidental Advocates
Join us and the Queensland Human Rights Commission to explore the ways non-legal advocates based in community organisations can use the Human Rights Act 2019 to advocate on behalf of their clients, or to help clients advocate on their own behalf.
The session will cover:
- what type of organisations have responsibilities under the Human Rights Act 2019;
- identifying when situations may limit a person’s human rights;
- assessing whether less restrictive measures are reasonably available to improve the circumstances of their clients
- planning for engaging with a public entity to advocate on behalf of clients;
- using the language of the Act to communicate with the public entity and advocate on behalf of clients.
Date: Wednesday, 3 May 2023
Time: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Location: Online via Microsoft Teams
3 May 2023 - 1:00 pm through 2:30 pm
Online via Microsoft Teams