This program aims to assists Indigenous people in urban, regional and remote areas to manage, use, care for, acquire and improve land to achieve Indigenous benefits.
The program has three categories of funding available:
1. Property management planning
– Assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander landholders to develop a plan for managing and using their property.
– Funding assistance amount is based on property characteristics and type of plan required.
2. Property based project
– Assists Indigenous land holders to manage their land by purchasing necessary plant and equipment, developing essential infrastructure and conducting land-management activities.
3. Urgent health and safety
– Provide assistance quickly in urgent situations where there is a clear risk to the health and/or welfare of people and/or livestock on Indigenous held land.
– Proponents can apply for this assistance as issues arise.
Applicants are advised to contact the program administrator prior to submitting an application.